In this show, Melissa Riberio shared her journey as a diversity candidate and now a diversity champion and leader. She shared how companies should embrace and thrive in diversity. She shared some quick tips/tricks for businesses and leaders to create a more inclusive workforce.
Across my global career, Melissa has had the opportunity to serve as a change catalyst and people development expert to establish strong workplace cultures that attract and retain high-performing talent and level up internal capabilities into collaborative, powerhouse teams worldwide.
As a trusted advisor for CEOs and executive teams, Melissa also helps elevate their internal brands, visibility, and loyalty across the company.
1:09 Melissa’s journey.
7:32 What is it like to be a woman leader?
13:04 Strategies for career growth for women leaders.
18:33 Tips for career development.
23:17 Surviving in a diverse work environment.
30:23:00 The growth of the HR function in the last two decades.
36:02:00 The relevance of HR in the future.
40:52:00 Work from home, gig, freelance.
45:36:00 Events and HR.
48:08:00 Rapid fire.
50:55:00 Melissa’s success mantra.
53:09:00 Closing remarks.
Here’s the GPS for the questions (These are just the boundaries questions to give a rough journey for the conversation):
Segment 1: Lead-in
- Starter: Give your starter pitch 1 point that you wish as a central theme.
- Vishal briefly introduce guest
Segment 2: State of organizations
- What is the state of organizations today?
- How to control an organization when the control lies outside[pandemic]
- How is automation impacting the state of organizations?
- What does it mean to learn/develop a worker, in the age of work?
- How you make an impact in your current company as well as previous companies?
- How do you build a high-performing team?
- Throughout your career, what were the moments or occasions that built the leader, the influencer?
- What are some common traits that you see inspirational leaders have?
- How to handle toxic leadership?
- People get hired for culture but leave for managers, how to bridge the gap?
- Who is your inspirational role model when it comes to leaders leading organizations into the future?
Segment 3: Rapid Fire [Say what comes to your mind quickly]
14 a. #FutureOfWork
14 b. #Technology
14 c. #Leadership
14 d. #RemoteWork
14 e. #Equity
14 f. #Diversity
14 g. #Legislature
14 h. #JobsOfFuture
14 i. #FutureOfLearning
14 j. #Something exciting
14 k. #Things that keep you up at night?
Segment 4: Your personal journey
- What are 1-3 best practices that you think are the key to success in your journey?
- Do you have any favorite read?
- As a closing remark, what would you like to tell our audience?
TAO is building the World’s largest and AI-powered Skills Universe and Community powering career development platform empowering some of the World’s largest communities/organizations. Learn more at https://TAO.ai
Work Pod takes you on the journey with leaders, experts, academics, authors, and change-makers designing the future of work, workers, and the workplace.
WorkPod is managed by Work2.org, a #FutureOfWork community for HR and Organization architects and leaders.
Sponsorship / Guest Request should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
FutureofWork #Work2.0 #Work2dot0 #Leadership #Growth #Org2dot0 #Work2 #Org2